1873 - Miss Mary Bourne, a British National and a member of the Zenana Mission founded the Trivandrum YMCA."
1894 - The Association got affiliated to the National Council of YMCAs of India.
1912 - First full time Secretary Mr. J.F.Thadeus was appointed
1917 - Sree Moolam Thirunal, the then Maharaja of Travancore granted 78 cents of land on lease near the Government Secretariat to the YMCA
1918 - The YMCA Trivandrum started functioning in a temporary thatched shed in the newly acquired land.
1928 - The first building of the YMCA (the present Library building) was opened on 28 October by Sir T Vijayaraghavacharya, member, Public Service Commission
1933 - The first Student Parliament was organized
1945 - The Toast Masters’ Club was started
1947 - The National Flag was hoisted by Sri. Pattom A. Thanu Pillai in the YMCA premises on 15 August when India became a free Nation.
1952 - The first Y’s Men’s Club in Trivandrum was inaugurated by Most. Rev. Yuhanon Mar Thoma, Metropolitan of the Mar Thoma Church on 20 October.
1956 - The Y’s Men’s Club Charter was presented by Mr. Henry Grimes, the first Secretary General of Y’s Men International
1962 - The K.George Hostel building was dedicated by the Most. Rev. Yuhanon Mar Thoma Metropolitan on 12 December.
1963 - Sri. V.V. Giri, then Governor of Kerala (later President of India) inaugurated the Hostel on 12 January
1973 - Centenary year – Centennial Worship service was held at the University Senate Hall in which Most Rev. Yuhanon Mar Thoma Metropolitan, Most Rev. Benedict Mar Gregorios, Arch Bishop of Trivandrum, Rt. Rev. Philipose Mar Theophilus, Rt. Rev. Cornelius Selvamani, Lt.. Col. James Kennedy (Salvation Army) participated. Mr. K.M. Philip (YMCA National President) and Mr. R.J. Solomon (National General Secretary) also were present.
1973 - The Uni-Y was inaugurated by Dr. R.S. Krishnan, Vice Chancellor of the Kerala University on 12 January.
1977 - The Rural Development Centre at Aruvikkara in the eastern part of the City was launched as the Centenary Project. A Boys Home for destitute children was started at the RDC, Aruvikkara (later shifted to Vettinad RDC)
1981 - A building for the branch YMCA at Tirumala was inaugurated on 6 June by Sri. K.M. Mani, Minister for Finance, Kerala
1984 - The Rural Development Centre at Vettinad in the northern part of the City started functioning.
1986 - The Vocational Training Centre started functioning in RDC, Vettinad.
2001 - International Guest Room Block was inaugurated on 10 September by Sri M. V. Raghavan, Minister for Co operation.
2007 - The Trivandrum North branch was started.
2009 - YMCA Library & e-Learning Centre started functioning on 30 March in the building where the British Library functioned earlier.
Contact : 0471–2330059, 2339078
Email : email@example.com
Location : Statue, Trivandrum